Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: B. Steffenson (SSCI), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Miller (PSYC), G. Popovic (MSED), A. Schachman (ARCH), C. Wark (MMAE), C. Hood (CS), R. Ellis (AMAT), J. Saniie (ECE), A. Unni (CHEM), J. Twombly (SSB), P. Troyk (BME), N. Karuri (CHBE), M. Safar (INTM), P. Snopok (PHYS), T. Brasek (ROTC), J. Budiman (CAEE), R. Trygstad (ITM).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), C. Emmons (Assessment), P. Anderson (ACE), J. Snapper (UFC), S. Pariseau (Academic Affairs), T. Arshad (ARC), C. White (Vice-Provost).
Absent departments: SGA, BIOL.
Quorum declared at 12:50.
Adjourn at 1:45.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Kathryn Spink.
Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of the 11/10/2015 meeting are approved by unanimous consent.
2) Information items: New minor in Food Science and Nutrition; PSYC 203 will be a 4-hour course from now on; change to the Political Science minor; New minor in Global Studies; NCAA and IIT rules for eligibility for competition in intercollegiate athletics.
3) (Pulliam) CAC Review of departments of Applied Mathematics and Psychology. UGSC votes unanimously to accept the reports.
4) (Pulliam) Proposed CAC Departmental C-Course Review Schedule is approved unanimously. BIOL and BME to be reviewed in spring of 2016.
More New Business
5) (Schachman) COA proposal to change handbook wording regarding ITPs being required in a studentŐs first academic year. Discussion. Vote to be taken at the next meeting.
6) (White) Discussion of undergraduate student retention issues.