Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: K. Spink (BIOL), M. Beckman (CS), D. Meyer (MSED), S. Tin (MMAE), R. Trygstad (ITM), M. Safar (INTM), J. Twombly (SSB), Y. Torun (PHYS), G. Fasshauer (AMAT), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), P. Troyk (BME), F. Teymour CHBE), J. Shen (CAEE), Soonen Ahua (SGA), E-J Lee (PSYC), J. Saniie (ECE).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), M. Lopez (One Stop), G. Smith (UGAA), J. Dorr (Galvin), K. Cassel (MMAE), P. Zachocki.
Absent departments: ARCH, ROTC, CHEM, SSCI
The meeting is chaired by Matt Bauer.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are here:
Adjourn: 1:45 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
Chair notes there is a quorum at 12:45 p.m.
Minutes of 10/23/2012 meeting are approved unanimously.
1) Zachocki on Incomplete (I) and Not-Attending (NA) grades. Subcomittee of Spink, Trygstad, Zachocki and a GSC representative will take up these issues.
2) Safar on BINTM/MITO co-terminal degree proposal. Approved unanimously.
3) Tin on revised Dual BS degrees in MMAE. Approved unanimously.
4) Pulliam on proposed revision of general education language in UG bulletin, from “All students must take HUM 102, 104, or 106” to “All students must take HUM 102, 104, 106, or a 200-level HUM course.” Vote will take place at the next meeting.
5) Pulliam on proposal to restructure the Humanities department’s degree programs in Professional and Technical Communication (PTC) and Journalism of Technology, Science and Business (JTSB) into a single Communication (COM) degree with specializations. Vote to take place at the next meeting.
6) Administration’s statement to faculty on policies toward student-athletes missing classes for conference-sanctioned varsity events. Discussion.