Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: R. Trygstad (ITM), J. Twombly (SSB), Y. Torun (PHYS), G. Fasshauer (AMAT), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), S. Ahua (SGA), E-J Lee (PSYC), R. Steffenson SS, M. Tanner (CHEM), M. Beckman (CS), S. Sennott (ARCH), D. Meyer (MSED), J. Saniie (ECE), M. Safar (INTM), S. Tin (MMAE).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), M. Lopez (One Stop), G. Smith (UGAA), J. Dorr (Galvin), R. Landis (PSYC), R. Cammino (ACE), C. Kocurek (HUM), E. Mitchell (LCHS), J. Alexis (IPRO), T. Jacobius (IPRO).
Absent departments: BIOL, BME, CAEE, CHBE, ROTC.
The meeting is chaired by Matt Bauer.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are here:
Adjourn: 1:42 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
Chair notes there is a quorum at 12:48 p.m.
Minutes of 1/22/2013 meeting are approved unanimously.
1) (Pulliam) Communication (COMM) degree program—consolidation of PTC and JTSB into a single degree with specializations. Passes unanimously without further comment.
2) (Landis) Consumer Research, Analytics and Communication (CRAC) degree program. Passes unanimously with some additional feedback.
3) (Kocurek) Digital Humanities (DH) degree program. Passes unanimously after minor additional feedback.
4) (Steffenson) Comparative Economic Development (CED) degree program. Passes unanimously after some additional feedback.
5) (Steffenson) B.S. in Applied Economics introduced and comments solicited. Vote to take place at the next meeting.
6) (Lee) B.S. in Behavioral Health and Wellness introduced and comments solicited. Vote to take place at the next meeting.
7) (Bauer and Alexis) IPRO faculty review committee—discussion of broadening the role of the committee beyond just approving individual IPRO proposals; term of committee members; review processes and procedures.
8) (Saniie) Co-terminal degree programs introduced: BS-CPE/MS-CPE, BS-EE/MS-EE, BS-CPE/MS-EE, BS-EE/MS-CPE. Approved unanimously.