Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: J. Rosenberg (SSCI), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Miller (PSYC), G. Popovic (MSED), C. Wark (MMAE), C. Hood (CS), R. Ellis (AMAT), J. Saniie (ECE), R. Wang (CHEM), J. Twombly (SSB), N. Karuri (CHBE), M. Safar (INTM), P. Snopok (PHYS), J. Budiman (CAEE), R. Trygstad (ITM), N. Menhart (BIOL), G. Tawari (SGA), P. Troyk (BME).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), C. Emmons (Assessment), S. Pariseau (Academic Affairs), M. Lopez (One-Stop), V. Foster (HEA Compliance), C. Torres (CoA), J. Snapper (UFC).
Departments with absent voting members: ARCH, ROTC.
Quorum declared at 12:48
Adjourn at 1:40.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Kathryn Spink.
Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of the 1/26/2016 meeting are approved by unanimous consent.
2) Information item (Rosenberg): Program name previously changed from “Social and Economic Development Policy” to “Policy” is rescinded, at least temporarily, for further consideration.
3) Old business (Wang): Revised Co-terminal BS in Chemistry and Master of Chemical Engineering passes unanimously.
4) New business (Emmons): requests faculty members for small subcommittee to oversee assessment of the Core Curriculum for NCA accreditation. Steffenson and Pulliam are named.
5) New business (Smith) Proposal to increase the number of courses students may repeat to improve their grade. Pulliam will write up proposals and send to chair for distribution to members.
6) Information item (Pulliam): new COM specialization in General Communication.
7) New business (Pulliam): Proposal to increase from 3 the number of hours of music performance courses students may transfer in and count toward free electives. Pulliam will write up proposal and send to chair for distribution to members.