Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: J. Budiman (CAEE), M. Bauer (CS), J. Cesarone (MMAE), B. Steffenson (SSCI), R. Trygstad (ITM), J. Twombly (SSB), N. Menhart (BIOL), R. Ellis (AMAT), J. Miller (PSYC), M. Safar (INTM P. Tryok (BME), A. Unni (CHEM), L. Coffey (PHYS), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Saniie (ECE), C. Torres, (ARCH).
Also attending: J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), G. Welter (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), V. Foster (HEA Compliance).
Absent departments: ROTC, CHBE, SGA, MSED.
Quorum is declared.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Kathryn Spink.
Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of the 2/24/2015 meeting are approved, with one change: “Lewis College” in item 4 should be changed to “Social Sciences.”
2) (Spink) Provost has extended the deadline for turning in final grades this term to the Wednesday (at noon) after finals end. Faculty are still expected to submit final grades within four days of the final exam for their classes.
3) (Spink) Themes proposal has been sent back to UGSC by the UFC. A new subcommittee is formed to study the issue on a longer time-frame: Steffenson, Troyk, Pulliam, Bauer, Spink.
4) Information item (Spink): revised pre-med minor presented and vetted strongly by the committee. All major concerns addressed and satisfied.
More Old business
5) (Spink) Pass/fail subcommittee report. UGSC votes unanimously to approve (in principle only) a pass/fail option. Discussion of the specifics to be continued.