Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee - 3/11/2014
Attending Voting Members: M. Snyder (CAEE), M. Bauer (CS), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Cesarone (MMAE), B. Steffenson (SSCI), R. Trygstad (ITM), S. Sennott (ARCH), J. Twombly (SSB), A.Uuni (CHEM), G. Popovic (MSED), K. Spink (BIOL), R. Ellis (AMAT), A. Aderele (SGA).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), L. Massengale (GL), G. Smith (UGAA), M. Lopez (1-Stop)
Absent departments: BME, CHBE, ECE, INTM, PHYS, PSYC, ROTC.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Jack Snapper.
Adjourn: 1:25 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of 2/25 meeting approved unanimously.
2) (Bauer) Co-terminal BS in CS/Master of Data Science approved unanimously.
3) (Trygstad) Changes to Bachelor of Information Technology and Management. First reading—vote to be taken at the next UGSC meeting.
4) (Snapper) Faculty council accepted the business sent to it by UGSC.
5) (Steffenson) New course designation—SSCI—to be used for courses (most, but not all, are 200-level) that are currently crosslisted as both PS and SOC. First reading—vote to be taken at the next UGSC meeting.
6) (Bauer) Proposed gen ed curriculum map for assessment purposes; job description for gen ed assessment coordinator. First reading.—to be taken back to departments for discussion.
7) (Pulliam) Gen ed revision subcommittee is working on a new proposal/set that should come to the UGSC in time for the next meeting.
8) )Welter) Information item: no more upper-level transfer credit for courses taken at junior/community colleges. Upper-level credit for AP exams is under review.