Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee - 3/25/2014
Attending Voting Members: M. Snyder (CAEE), M. Bauer (CS), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Cesarone (MMAE), B. Steffenson (SSCI), R. Trygstad (ITM), S. Sennott (ARCH), J. Twombly (SSB), A.Unni (CHEM), G. Popovic (MSED), K. Spink (BIOL), R. Ellis (AMAT), A. Aderele (SGA), EJ Lee (PSYC), L. Coffey (PHYS), M. Safar (INTM).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), L. Massengale (GL), G. Smith (UGAA), V. Foster (Compliance), J. Kallend (ACE).
Absent departments: BME, CHBE, ECE, ROTC.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Jack Snapper.
Adjourn: 1:45 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of 3/11 meeting approved unanimously.
2) (Trygstad) Bachelor of ITM revisions second reading. Vote delayed until two versions of the degree (one for transfer students and one for 4-year students) are reconciled.
3) SSCI designation for SOC/PS crossover courses, second reading. These courses may only be used for two of the three required (S) courses. Approved unanimously.
4) Nominations for UGSC chair for 2014-2015 AY. Katie Spink nominated by the committee unanimously.
5) (Snapper) Food Safety course with proposed Natural Science/Engineering (N) designation requires a two-person committee to study syllabus and recommend approval or rejection to UGSC. A. Unni and J. Kallend volunteer.
More old business
(6) (Pulliam) General education revisions—discussion.
(7) (Bauer) General education assessment process and coordinator role. Committee asks that these proposals be sent to all deans and AU chairs for comment.