Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies
Attending Voting Members: J. Twombly (SSB), E. Orklu (ECE), N. Tamras (SGA), C. Adams (ROTC), F. Weening (AMAT), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), M. Safar (INTM), C. Wark (MMAE), N. Menhart (BIOL), P. Snopok (PHY), G. Popovic (MSED), F. Flury (ARCH), F. Lane (PSYC), X. Guan (CHEM), S. Argamon (CS)
Also attending: N. Novak (Galvin Library), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), P. Krolewski (Registrar), K. Spink (PreHealth), Cynthia Torres (CoA), J. Romano (English Language Services), G. Walley (CDR).
Departments with absent voting members: CAEE, BME, CHBE, SSCI, ITM.
Quorum declared at: 12:50
Adjourn at: 1:35
Documents for this meeting are available at:
Meeting chaired by Ray Trygstad
Minutes recorded by Greg Pulliam
1. Minutes of the 2/27/2018 Meeting (http://www.iit.edu/~ugsc/2-27-18minutes.html)Minutes approved unanimously.
2. (Pulliam) CAC review of C-courses in Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering Departments. The review results (see the documents folder) are accepted by the UGSC in a unanimous vote. These results are to be forwarded to the UFC and to the Registrar’s Office for implementation.
3. (Walley) Center for Disability Resources presentation on its services and processes.
The presentation will be uploaded to the UGSC website’s documents folder.
4. (Trygstad) New slate of officers for UGSC
a. Pulliam was elected UGSC chair by the UFC for a two-year term.
b. R. Steffenson has volunteered to serve as Vice-Chair for two years.
c. Trygstad will continue to maintain UGSC website.
d. We will need a secretary. Must have a name by the end of the next meeting.
5. (Spink) Advising Committee News
a. SOAR will hold a meeting Wednesday, 4/18 at 12:45 in WH auditorium for all advisors taking part in SOAR sessions this summer.
b. An Advising Committee survey will be coming to all current advisors within a week or two.