Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee - 4/23/2013
Attending Voting Members: J. Twombly (SSB), G. Fasshauer (AMAT), R. Krawczyk (ARCH), S. Tin (MMAE), P. Troyk (BME), J. Budiman (CAEE), K. Spink (BIOL), M. Tanner (CHEM), M. Beckman (CS), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), B. Steffenson (SSCI), N. Karuri (CHBE), K. Kazukauskas (PSYC), M. Safar (INTM). R. Trygstad (ITM) A. Aderele (SGA), Y. Torun (PHYS),
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), J. Alexis (ID/IPRO), F. Hickernell (AMAT), A. Howard (BChS), M. Shapiro (SSCI). L. Hemphill (HUM), R. Cammino (ACE).
Absent departments: ECE, MSED, ROTC.
The meeting is chaired by Matt Bauer.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are here:
Adjourn: 1:38 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
Chair notes there is a quorum at 12:47 p.m.
Minutes of 4/9/2013 meeting are approved unanimously.
1) (Shapiro, Hemphill) Revised Applied Analytics Bachelor of Science program proposal. Tabled for additional revisions. http://www.iit.edu/~ugsc/documents/AnalyticsProgramForm4-22-2013.pdf
2) (Alexis) IPRO Review Committee process revision. Suggestion: departments with outside accreditation boards should work closely with IPRO office and review subcommittee to help design and implement IPRO assessment.
3) (Bauer) UGSC chair nominations for 2013-14: John Snapper, with Katie Spink as backup nominee if Snapper is unable to serve.
4)(Bauer) Informational item: new ITP course for undecided majors to be offered by Lewis College of Human Sciences.
5) (Bauer) Informational item: ITP Outcomes Review Committee needs a new chair. A. Howard to look into a possible nominee.
6) ) (Twombly) Informational item: Minor changes to Undergraduate Business Curriculum.
7) (Howard) Discussion item: IITŐs participation in the Illinois Board of Higher EducationŐs Illinois Articulation Initiative subject panels. Currently, only G. Welter is on one of the 27 different panels. UGSC members should consult with their departments. Discussion to continue at the next meeting. http://www.iit.edu/~ugsc/documents/IBHEiaiPanels.pdf