Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: B. Steffenson (SSCI), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Miller (PSYC), G. Popovic (MSED), A. Schachman (ARCH), C. Wark (MMAE), M. Bauer (CS), R. Trygstad (ITM), R. Ellis (AMAT), N. Menhart (BIOL), J. Saniie (ECE), J. Budiman (CAEE), M. Safar (INTM), P. Snopok (PHYS), V. Shah (SGA), A. Unni (CHEM), J. Twombly (SSB), P. Troyk (BME)
Also attending: C. Orze (UGAA), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), C. Emmons (Assessment), R. Nicholes (SRR), P. Anderson (ACE), C. White (Academic Affairs), M. Lopez (One-Stop), V. Foster (Compliance), J. Hakes (Athletics), J. Agosto (Athletics), K. Stetz (Student Affairs).
Absent departments: CHBE, ROTC.
Quorum is declared at 12:50.
Adjourn at 1:40.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Kathryn Spink.
Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of the 8/8/2015 meeting are approved by assent.
2) (Spink) Pre-med Post-baccalaureate Certificate Program passes unanimously. Then the programÕs title is changed to Preparatory Program for Medical Studies (not a certificate), and the title change passes unanimously.
3) (Hakes) The Athletic Director discusses how academic eligibility works at IIT under NCAA III rules and IIT rules. Most attention is focused on students who repeat a course for a better grade and what that does to full-time status WRT students participating in NCAA sports.
4) (Nicholes and Lopez) Student Success Committee—history, mission, objectives, procedures, members. Handout PDF is in documents folder.
5) (Schachman) Review of add/drop policies and period (to be continued).