Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee - 9/24/2013
Attending Voting Members: R. Ellis (AMAT), S. Sennott (ARCH), K. Spink (BIOL), M. Snyder (CAEE), M. Bauer (CS), J. Sanie (ECE), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), M. Safar (INTM), J. Cesarone (MMAE), G. Popovic (MSED) L. Coffey (PHYS), E-J Lee (PSYC), B. Steffenson (SSCI), J. Twombly (SSB), R. Trygstad (ITM), A. Aderele (SGA), M. Tanner (CHEM), B. Koehr (ROTC).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), P. Zachocki (Registrar), E. Mitchell (LCHS), L. Massengale (Galvin), R. Carlson (ITM), C. White (Academic Affairs), A. Blackwell (SGA), R. Agarwal (SGA), M. Dawson (IntŐl Afrs), M. Shapiro (SSCI).
Absent departments: BME, CHBE.
The meeting is chaired by Jack Snapper.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Adjourn: 1:45 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
Chair notes there is a quorum at 12:45 p.m.
Minutes of 9/10/2013 meeting are approved unanimously.
1) (Shapiro) Applied Analytics degree approved unanimously.
2) (Snyder) Revison of BS in Civil Engineering approved unanimously.
3) (Steffenson) Information item: Title change in degree program: from BS in Comparative Economic Development to BS in Social and Economic Development Policy.
4) (Aderele) The SGA asks to lead committee to study the academic calendarŐs discrepancy between fall and spring classes. Committee will include Aderele (chair), 2 more students, Spink and Pulliam from UGSC, and representatives from Graduate Studies Committee, Armour and Architecture.
5) (Safar) Information item: new articulation of ITM degree with ISM University of Management and Economics, Lithuania. Discussion brings up the issue of bulletin language regarding residency requirement, which needs to be revised.
6) (Bauer) Update to New Program Form, adding a section on assessment. Vote to come in the next meeting.
7) (Pulliam, Welter) Definition of Free Elective. Pulliam to write up for next meeting.
8) (White, Bauer) Need for review of General Education Requirements. More discussion to come in the next meeting.