the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), G. Popvic (MSED), J. Twombly (SSB), N. Menhart (BIO), R. Steffenson (SSCI), J. Hajek (ITM), E. Orklu (ECE), C. Wark (MMAE), M. Safar (INTM), S. Hoon Hong (CHBE), A. Moller (PSYC), F. Weening (AMAT); G. Shobeiri (SGA), C. Adams (ROTC), C. Torres (COA), S. Ren (CS)
Also attending: J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), S. Pariseau (UGAA), K. Spink (PreHealth), J. Hignight (Registrar), M. Lopez (UGAA)
Departments with absent voting members: CAEE, PHYS, BME, CHEM
Quorum declared at: 12:50
Adjourn at: 1:32
Documents for this meeting are available at:
Meeting chaired by Ray Trygstad
Minutes recorded by Rebecca Steffenson
1. Minutes of the 9/12/17 Meeting (http://www.iit.edu/~ugsc/9-12-17minutes.html)
Minutes approved unanimously.
2. Proposed resolution regarding timing of changes to faculty/adviser support information systems (G. Pulliam- Humanities)
The proposed resolution requests that no changes be made to information systems supporting student advising and other faculty support functions for has been proposed to request that no changes be made to information systems supporting student advising and other faculty support functions for five weeks surrounding the beginning of each semester and three weeks surrounding the end of the semester. Please review the resolution at: http://www.iit.edu/~ugsc/documents/UGSC_IT_Support_Resolution.pdf.
Resolution approved unanimously. UGSC Chair will inform C. White, as his office manages many of these systems. OTS will also be informed.
3. Discussion of policy/guidelines for converting contact hours into credit hours [C. White – Vice Provost for Academic Affairs]
Discussion postponed due to absences of Troyk and White.
4. Other Old Business
UGAA provided data demonstrating the percentage of students graduating with honors by term. http://www.iit.edu/~ugsc/documents/GraduatingWithHonors-PercentageByTerm.pdf
UGSC members concluded that the data supported keeping the current policy.
5. Welcome new UGSC members: Jeff Budiman, Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering.
6. Other New Business
Spink reported that OTS was installing anti-virus software that is not compatible with Windows 10 and asked how UGSC could communicate the need for better faculty support services. Trygstad said he could communicate that.
7. The next UGSC meeting will be October 10, 2017 at 12:45pm in WH 115.