Considerations for Out-of-State Students and the Travel Order
In response to the changing dynamics of COVID-19 transmission across the United States, and to support Chicago’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the City has issued a Travel Order applicable to anyone coming into the City of Chicago from designated states with a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19.
Anyone traveling from a state on the Orange list is directed to:
- Obtain a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago, OR
- Quarantine for a 10-day period (or the duration of their time in Chicago, whichever is shorter).
For those traveling from a state on the Yellow list
- No quarantine or pre-arrival test is required,
- Maintain strict masking and social distancing, AND
- Avoid non-essential travel
Steps to Follow the Order
- When planning, review the CDPH Travel Order state list. Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Prior to arrival, Orange list travelers must:
- Receive a negative COVID-19 test result no longer than 72 hours prior to arrival and have proof of negative results, OR
- Plan to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.
- Upon arrival in Chicago, Orange list travelers should:
- Maintain a copy of negative test result with them while in Chicago, OR
- Quarantine for 10 days if they chose not to take a test.