$249; payment is due upon registration
Date and Time
June 26–30 (Monday-Friday), 1–5 p.m. CST
Applications are no longer being accepted.
Illinois Tech Esports is hosting its first formal gaming camp. This camp is focused on Valorant players who are looking to start climbing the learning curve! This camp will teach students the basics of Valorant while also getting them acquainted with healthy gaming habits. During this five-day camp you will attend sessions cover topics such as finding your sensitivity, how to spot toxicity, the benefits of teamwork, and learning your role. During these four-hour sessions, you or your student will be provided with healthy gaming habits, as well as ways to ensure the longevity of your body in the form of stretches and warm-up techniques before each play session.
If you are experienced in Valorant or want a more competitive experience, check out our Advanced Valorant camp!
- Demonstrate principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of Valorant such as aiming, key terminology, economy, and teamwork
- Understand and appreciate esports as a recreational and competitive activity
- Identify and appropriately report toxic behaviors seen while gaming
- Perform warm-up wrist and forearm stretches
- Employ health-enhancing behaviors specifically targeting esports participation and reducing risk
Eligibility and Program Requirements
- Beginning high school student and middle school student Valorant players; students must be at least 14 years old to participate
- A computer with internet access that is able to run Valorant and a reliable internet connection is required
- Access to a microphone or headset to speak with other participants is required
- Need to have Valorant or be willing to create a Valorant account on the first day of the course
- Course will be taught in English, and that will be everyone's common language for activities
Questions about the application process? Email them to email@example.com.