$249; payment is due upon registration
Date and Time
June 26–29 (Monday-Thursday), 1–4 p.m. CST
Applications are no longer being accepted.
This camp will introduce the student to the basic defensive cybersecurity skills that are essential in protecting a system's resources from cyberattacks. This will be accomplished by having the student play the role of a "Blue Team" member. Blue teams are typically made up of professional threat hunters and cyber defenders. They are charged with fighting off cyberattacks and protecting an organization's network, systems, and assets. Blue teamers must have expertise in the latest forensic and intrusion detection/protection tools and techniques. The skills introduced and practiced in this camp are in high demand as they play an important role in improving the effectiveness of an organization's security posture.
Students will participate in hands-on labs from start to finish, using tools used by security professionals within virtual environments. The labs will include:
- Understanding online privacy by observing the digital footprint left behind
- On your computer
- In the network
- While using VPNs
- Data Sanitization
- Intrusion Detection and Protection
Eligibility and Program Requirements
- Students must be at least 14 years old to participate.
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer, stable internet access, and the ability to download and install software is required.
- No prerequisite knowledge is required; however, it is recommended that students have some technical knowledge. Students practice hands-on, basic techniques and continue into advanced techniques while building small project-based websites and web applications.
This program will require the download and installation of software and the use of video conferencing. To participate, students should plan to use a laptop or desktop computer with the minimum specifications:
- Access to high-speed internet
- There is a 4 GB minimum—8 GB is recommended—needed of RAM
- Hard drive space of 60-100 GB or larger
- Webcam and speakers/headset and microphone are recommended
- Windows/Mac OS preferred
Please note that students will not be able to participate fully in the program with Chromebooks, tablets, or cell phones, and their use is not advised.
Questions about the application process? Email them to email@example.com.