$249; payment is due upon registration
Date and Time
June 12–15 (Monday-Thursday), 1–4 p.m. CST
Applications are viewed on a rolling basis, and seats in the program are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
This course provides students with the concepts and skills needed for offensive hacking. Students practice hands-on offensive hacking techniques while in a lab environment.
Topics covered will include:
- The concept of “red teams”
- Setup of virtualization environment for penetration testing
- Setup of Kali Linux, along with various tools such as Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Wireshark, Metasploit Framework, Burp suite, John the Ripper, Social Engineering Toolkit, and Maltego, among others
Topics covered include the concept of “red teams,” the setup of the virtualization environment for penetration testing, thee setup of Kali Linux, along with various tools such as Nmap, Aircrack-ng, Wireshark, Metasploit Framework, Burp suite, John the Ripper, Social Engineering Toolkit, and Maltego, among other topics.
Eligibility and Program Requirements
- This cybersecurity course is open to any high school sophomore, junior, or senior (ages 14-17) worldwide, as well as those technically advanced incoming freshmen who receive Illinois Tech staff approval. No prerequisite knowledge is required; however, it is recommended that students have some technical knowledge. Students practice hands-on, basic techniques and continue into advanced techniques while building small project-based websites and web applications.
- Students must be at least 14 years old to participate.
- Upon registration, students must submit the following in order to confirm enrollment in the program:
- Program fee
- Parental consent form, which will be sent by email via DocuSign
This program will require the download and installation of software and the use of video conferencing. To participate, students should plan to use a laptop or desktop computer with the minimum specifications:
- Access to high-speed internet
- There is a 4 GB minimum—8 GB is recommended—needed of RAM
- Hard drive space of 60-100 GB or larger
- Webcam and speakers/headset and microphone are recommended
- Windows/Mac OS preferred
Please note that students will not be able to participate fully in the program with Chromebooks, tablets, or cell phones, and their use is not advised.
Questions about the application process? Email them to email@example.com.