Game Design is an online program that gives students the opportunity to design and create a game through the twine coding platform. Students will examine Choose Your own Adventure games, games with themes in social justice, as well as methods and forms of interactive storytelling. Students will refine their writing skills by crafting characters, worlds, as well as the Hero's Journey. This course was built using backward design from The Common Core Writing Standards (CCSS) as well as the International Society for Technology and Education (ISTE) Standards. This course will be taught by Ph.D. candidate and current Illinois State Board Educator M.S. Rachel Hirsh.
Please note: In order to create a community of collaboration, we are limiting the course to 30 students. To reserve your seat in the program, you must submit the $99 program fee using the link you receive in your email once you register.
- Students plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits.
- Students curate information from digital resources using a variety of tools and methods to create collections of artifacts that demonstrate meaningful connections or conclusions.
- Students build knowledge by actively exploring real-world issues and problems, developing ideas and theories and pursuing answers and solutions.
- Students know and use a deliberate design process for generating ideas, testing theories, creating innovative artifacts or solving authentic problems.
- Students develop, test and refine prototypes as part of a cyclical design process.
- Students create original works or responsibly repurpose or remix digital resources into new creations.
- Students explore local and global issues and use collaborative technologies to work with others to investigate solutions.
Monday, April 27–Friday, May 1
$99 per student; program costs are due upon registration
10th–12th grade; no prior coding knowledge necessary
Students must have access to a laptop or desktop computer that has the ability to support twinery.org.