Illinois Tech Pre-College Programs are an excellent opportunity to engage in academically rigorous activities, experience independence on a world-class university campus, and make friendships that last a lifetime. Like Illinois Tech undergraduate students, Pre-College Programs students are held to high behavioral standards to ensure the health and safety of the community.
Before the start of your program, be sure to review this document:
Participating in a Pre-College Summer Residential Program?
What to Pack
What should I bring?
- Computer (optional)
- Writing supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, paper, etc.)
- Cell phone and charger
- Water bottle
- Shampoo, soap, and other personal toiletries
- Linens are provided but students are able to bring additional bedding if needed
- Power strip (optional)
- Beach towel
- Clothing hangers (optional)
- Robe (optional)
What should I not bring?
- Alcohol/illegal substances
- Candles or incense
- Hot plates
- Extension cords and outlet splitters
For a complete list of what not to bring, please follow the link here.
What clothing should I bring?
- Clothing for a variety of weather conditions
- Workout clothes
- Rain gear and umbrella
- Two business casual outfits, example: khakis and a polo are acceptable (Business Bootcamp only)
- Comfortable shoes
- Shower shoes
- Extra undergarments and socks
- A set of clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty