Note: This program's format has been changed from daytime to online due to ongoing COVID-19 safety precautions around in-person programming for the summer.
$100 due upon registration
July 26 - 29 (M-Th), 9 a.m. - Noon CST
This program has been canceled. Please check back this winter for summer 2022 programs
To register for this program, please create an account in our application portal using the button below. Once you create an account and log in, start a new "Pre-Collegiate Summer Application" and select the program you'd like to register for. Please note that a $100 program fee is due upon registration.
This course provides an introductory experience to university-level research techniques while developing a solid foundation for lifelong searching and evaluation skills. Students will learn critical thinking and information literacy skills to find sources to meet a variety of information needs.
Summarized Course Goal: To introduce students to research methods and the information literacy concepts and skills needed at the university level.
Course Methods: Lectures, course discussions, hands-on practice
Online Course Guide: https://guides.library.iit.edu/researchmethods
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and determine the types of information needed for a university-level research assignment
- Find resources across a range of formats using various research tools
- Evaluate information sources for credibility and relevance
- Understand the ethical and legal uses of information, explain why sources are cited, and be able to cite sources appropriately
- Use tools to organize research, including citation management tools and Google Suite apps
- Design a 3D object on the 3D printers