$499 per student; $100 deposit due upon registration
July 26 - 29 (M-Th), 9 a.m. - Noon CST
To register for this program, please create an account in our application portal using the button below. Once you create an account and log in, start a new "Pre-Collegiate Summer Application" and select the program you'd like to register for. Please note that a $100 deposit is due upon registration.
This course provides an introductory experience to university-level research techniques while developing a solid foundation for lifelong searching and evaluation skills. Students will learn critical thinking and information literacy skills to find sources to meet a variety of information needs.
Summarized Course Goal: To introduce students to research methods and the information literacy concepts and skills needed at the university level.
Course Methods: Lectures, course discussions, hands-on practice
Online Course Guide: https://guides.library.iit.edu/researchmethods
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and determine the types of information needed for a university-level research assignment
- Find resources across a range of formats using various research tools
- Evaluate information sources for credibility and relevance
- Understand the ethical and legal uses of information, explain why sources are cited, and be able to cite sources appropriately
- Use tools to organize research, including citation management tools and Google Suite apps
- Design a 3D object on the 3D printers
Programs are intended to be in person. In April based on local and national guidelines around COVID-19, we will determine if the program should be run online. Should the program run online, the total cost of the program will be reduced, and your deposit will be applied toward the new program cost. Deposits are fully refundable until May 15. Please reference the refund policy for more information.