IT Leadership, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (Professional Certificate)
Corporations, organizations, and start-ups need innovation and leadership to develop customer-specific solutions in almost real time. Gain these skills and knowledge with the professional certificate in IT Leadership, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship.
Prepare to become a leader, innovator, and entrepreneur in the field of information technology with a professional certificate in IT Leadership, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship.
The professional certificate in IT Leadership, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship is awarded after the completion of three courses: Project Management for IT Professionals, Entrepreneurship for IT Professionals, and Business Innovation—or two of the three courses and at least one elective course in the management concentration area. Most often, these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
Core coursework covers a range of topics including basic principles of project management, becoming leaders in information technology, and innovative thinking through theory, methods, and practice of innovation. Coursework is complemented with designing and developing prototypes, as well as preparing a business plan and venture proposal presentation.
Gain the skills and knowledge to become a leader, innovator, and entrepreneur in information technology with a combination of coursework and hands-on experience designing and developing prototypes, as well as preparing a business plan and venture proposal presentation.
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salaries of computer and information systems managers is upwards of $146,000. Job growth is expected to increase 11 percent through 2028.
Pursuing this professional certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from a program manager of information technology courses. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing a program manager to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience.
- IT-M 871 Project Management for IT Professionals
- IT-M 881 Entrepreneurship for IT Professionals
- IT-M 882 Business Innovation
Alternatively, one of the above may be substituted with one of the following elective courses:
- IT-M 872 Process Engineering for Information Technology Managers
- IT-M 876 Data Center Management
- IT-M 874 IT Management Frameworks: ITIL and COBIT
- IT-S 878 Cyber Security Management
- IT-S 888 Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- IT-M 885 Legal and Ethical Issues in IT
- IT-M 870 Fundamentals of Management for Technical Professionals
- IT-M 886 CISA Certification Preparation
- IT-M 884 Information Technology at C-Level
- IT-S 884 Governance, Risk, & Compliance