Supply Chain Management (Professional Certificate)
The need for logistics to transport goods more efficiently in a global economy is an important factor in a company’s profitability. Gain the skills to enter this field with a professional certificate in Supply Chain Management.
The Industrial Technology and Management program awards the professional certificate in Supply Chain Management after completing any three of the courses listed below from the industrial technology and management concentration area of Supply Chain Management.
The broad range of coursework offerings allows for a customized program. Topics covered in coursework include:
- Fundamentals of inventory control
- Effective use of e-commerce in supply chain management and collaboration
- Management tools for optimizing of supply chain
- Computer systems for managing supply chain operations
- Negotiating price and delivery
- Import financing and letters of credit
- Current state-of-the-art and commercially available industrial software packages
Prepare for a career in purchasing/procurement, transportation/fleet management, and inventory control with a professional certificate in Supply Chain Management. The program covers a broad range of topics from fundamentals of supply chain management to state-of-the-art computer systems.
The median salary of a logistician is $74,000. Related job titles include production manager, buyer/purchase Agent, and supply chain analyst.
Pursuing this professional certificate would be best served by receiving guidance from an industrial technology program adviser. Some courses may be taken simultaneously and some may require prerequisites. Allowing an adviser to assist in planning the sequence of courses would ensure a successful and enjoyable experience.
Choose three of the following courses. Most often, these courses can be successfully completed in one year or less.
- INT 809 Inventory Control
- INT 827 E-Commerce in Marking and Supply Chain Networks
- INT 830 Transportation
- INT 832 Sales and Operations Planning
- INT 841 Supply Chain Management
- INT 842 Warehousing and Distribution
- INT 843 Purchasing
- INT 844 Export/Import
- INT 846 Manufacturing and Logistics Information Systems
There are no prerequisites. However, some college experience is helpful. An additional question-and-answer session regarding prerequisite knowledge may be required for admission.