Illinois Tech wants to stay connected and support the academic experience of students who start their college careers at a local community college but are interested in transferring to Illinois Tech. Through peer mentorship, advising, and personal/professional development opportunities both on and off campus, Fast Forward to Illinois Tech allows community college students to get acclimated to the Illinois Tech campus and the programs of study offered.
Participating in Fast Forward is simple. You must:
- Intend on applying to Illinois Tech as a transfer student within 1 to 4 semesters (and are not applying in the current term)
- Attend one Fast Forward Orientation session, held each spring, summer, and fall
- Meet with your Illinois Tech transfer admission counselor once per semester until you transfer to Illinois Tech
About Fast Forward
A few of the benefits of the Fast Forward program include:
- Academic and career coaching services
- Guidance in preparing transferable course credits and a transfer schedule
- Personal and professional development opportunities on Illinois Tech’s campus
- Opportunities to take summer courses at Illinois Tech at discounted rates
- Invitations to on-campus Illinois Tech student events throughout the year
- Eligibility for special $25,000 scholarships for Chicago STAR Scholars, Triton College GENIUS Scholars, and students enrolled our Guaranteed Admission program with Wright College and the College of DuPage
Proper transfer planning is crucial and can save you time, effort, and financial resources. Stay on track with our planning guide:
Come and see our campus, hang out with our students, and talk with faculty. Schedule a visit with an admission counselor today.
Our counselors visit community colleges on a regular basis. These visits provide you a special opportunity to meet with a counselor. See when we will be visiting your community college campus.
New to the Fast Forward program or just want to learn more? Join us at the next Fast Forward Orientation. We host community college students on our campus twice a year.
Friday, July 10, 2020
10 a.m.–3:15 p.m.