Illinois Tech is proud to partner with Triton College to create a seamless transfer path for Triton students to pursue their bachelor’s degree at Illinois Tech through our guaranteed admission program and articulation agreement.
- Dedicated Support from Illinois Tech Transfer Admission Counselors
- Through the Fast Forward to Illinois Tech program, Triton College students will receive individualized support from an Illinois Tech transfer admission counselor who will guide you through the transfer process and help you plan your course selection at Triton and Illinois Tech.
- Take Courses at Illinois Tech and Earn Credits Toward Your Bachelor's Degree
- Under this guaranteed admission program, students may be concurrently enrolled in both institutions. Prospective Illinois Tech applicants may take Illinois Tech “gateway” courses while they are enrolled at Triton College prior to their transfer. These courses will be offered to Triton students who have enrolled in the Fast Forward to Illinois Tech program at a discounted rate of $100 per credit
Illinois Tech will guarantee the offer of a special transfer scholarship of $25,000 (prorated for part-time students) to students who are successfully admitted to Illinois Tech through the guaranteed admission program. This scholarship will automatically remain in effect each year until the student completes their undergraduate degree, for a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be applied on a prorated basis for any summer term or in any semester that the student enrolls at part-time status. Students must maintain the minimum academic standards to continue receiving this award.
To be eligible for the guaranteed admission program between Triton College and Illinois Tech, Triton students must:
- Enroll in the Fast Forward to Illinois Tech program at least one year before transfer
- Apply to Illinois Tech by the August 1 (fall) or November 15 (spring) transfer admission application deadline
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and continue to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 upon graduation from Triton or through the student’s final term (applies for all Illinois Tech majors)
- Earn a minimum technical GPA of 2.8 or above for all relevant math and science courses (applies only for Illinois Tech majors in Armour College of Engineering, College of Computing, and biology, chemistry, and physics majors in Lewis College of Science and Letters)
- Earn an associate’s degree from Triton, or opt to earn associate's degree via reverse transfer of credits from Illinois Tech at a later date. At a minimum, applicants must earn 30 credit hours before transfer. Students should schedule an appointment with an Illinois Tech transfer admission counselor to determine the appropriate courses to take in order to be admissible to their major of choice
If you attend school at Triton and do not meet these requirements, we still encourage you to apply as you may be admissible through the regular admission process. Triton students are encouraged to set up an appointment with a transfer admission counselor to have an individualized conversation about admissibility requirements for their major of choice.
Contact an Illinois Tech transfer counselor at email@example.com.