- Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Georgia Institute of Technology (2012)
M.S. in Statistics, Georgia Institute of Technology (2010)
B.A. in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Tsinghua University (2006)
Mathematical Finance: Small-Time Asymptotics of Option Prices, with Emphasis on Lévy-Based Models, Stochastic Volatility Models, and General Jump-Diffusion Models.
Probability and Stochastic Processes: Lévy Processes, Wiener-Hopf Factorization, Stochastic Control, Feynman-Kac Formula, Statistical Inference for SPDEs, Random Sequence Alignments.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Mathematical Society (AMS): www.ams.org
Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS): www.imstat.org
Top Graduate Student Award, School of Mathematics, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012
Scholarship for Excellent Students, Tsinghua University, 2003-2006
- T. R. Bielecki, Z. Cheng, I. Cialenco, and R. Gong. Wiener-Hopf Factorization for Time-Inhomogeneous Markov Chains. Submitted, 2019. arXiv:1902.10850
- R. Gong and C. Houdre. A Viscosity Approach to a Stochastic Control Problem on a Bounded Domain. Submitted, 2019. arXiv:0911.0956
- Z. Cheng, I. Cialenco, and R. Gong. Bayesian Estimations for Diagonalizable Bilinear SPDEs. Forthcoming in Stochastic Processes and Their Applications, 2019+. DOI:10.1016/j.spa.2019.03.020
- T. R. Bielecki, I. Cialenco, R. Gong, and Y. Huang. Wiener-Hopf Factorization for Time-Inhomogeneous Markov Chains ant Its Application. Forthcoming in Probability and Mathematical Statistics, 2019+. arXiv:1801.05553
- R. Gong, C. Mou, and A. Swiech. Stochastic Representations for Solutions to Nonlocal Bellman Equations. Forthcoming in The Annals of Applied Probability, 2019+. arXiv:1709.00193
- Y. Liu, X. Chen, L. X. Cai, Q. Chen, R. Gong, and D. Tang. On the Fairness Performance of NOMA-Based Wireless Powered Communication Networks. Forthcoming in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2019.
- Z. Chen, Z. Chen, L. X. Cai, Y. Cheng, and R. Gong. A Stochastic Geometry Analysis of Energy Harvesting in Large Scale Wireless Networks. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communications, 280–286, 2018.
- I. Cialenco, R. Gong, and Y. Huang. Trajectory Fitting Estimators for SPDEs Driven by Additive Noise. Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, 21(1), 1–19, 2018.
- J. E. Figueroa-López. R. Gong, and M. Lorig. Short-Time Expansions for Call Options on Leveraged ETFs Under Exponential Lévy Models with Local Volatility. SIAM Journal on Financial Mathematics, 9(1), 347–380, 2018.
- R. Gong, C. Houdré, and J. Lember. Lower Bounds on the Generalized Central Moments of Optimal Alignments Score of Random Sequences. Journal of Theoretical Probability, 31(2), 643–683, 2018.
- J. E. Figueroa-López, R. Gong, and C. Houdre. Third-Order Short-Time Expansions for Close-to-the-Money Option Prices under the CGMY Model. Applied Mathematical Finance, 24(6), 547–574, 2018.
- J. E. Figueroa-López, R. Gong, and C. Houdre. High-Order Short-Time Expansions for ATM Option Prices of Exponential Lévy Models. Mathematical Finance, 26(3), 516–557, 2016.