Major and Graduation
Chemical Engineering - Graduation Date 2022
My short term goals are continuing to evolve as I evolve, at this point in my life, they are as follows:
Firstly, I aim to continue to realize that life and work balance is an act of constant flexibility. I want to prioritize my overall wellbeing, however, as I grow older I have realized that trying to set a pure structure to my life isn’t enough to create balance. I have come to terms with the fact that life itself is a balancing act, and that achieving equilibrium is not a purely structured activity. I aim to do this by setting schedules for myself as in times past, but this time while also being open to the fact that schedules frequently change.
Secondly, this year I want to become a more active proponent in the classroom. In time's past, I would shy away from opportunities to speak up and advocate for my own learning. I would like to change that tendency this upcoming year by: going to more office hours, reviewing the chapters before the lecture, volunteering to answer questions in class, and scheduling regular study sessions with friends.
Finally, it is my passion to use my work as a student leader on campus as a platform to increase empathy and equity at IIT. Through various initiatives I have had the privilege of starting or being involved in, I hope to make a meaningful impact on the student community. I am very optimistic about how campus life is looking in the future, and in turn, hope to make this institution a better place for its students.
My long-term goals are centered around my life's mission: to radiate love wherever I find myself.
Love connects people, love inspires people, and it is my personal belief that love at its core is who we are as human beings. I want to stay true to these beliefs by:
1. Continuing to wake up each day reinventing myself and learning how to be the best version of me that I can possibly be. I aspire to be a reflective and self-aware individual and to never ignore opportunities for growth. Not only do I want this for myself, but I want to inspire everyone that I come in contact with to grow in love, and to continue to rediscover themselves on a daily basis.
2. Spreading empathy through all that I do and continuing to learn about and advocate for people of all backgrounds, identities, and intersectionalities. I believe that it is our duty as people to constantly be curious and aware of the world that we live in and the people who live in it. There is so much that we don’t know, and the more we educate, empathize, and raise awareness on social issues, the more we enrich our own life and that of others.
3. In tandem with the previous two, I aspire to one day open my own social impact consulting firm in order to mobilize and equip nonprofits everywhere to make their impact on the world. Alongside this, I also want to use my STEM mindset to undertake private projects that spark innovation in the civic sector. I desire to go into consulting specifically because, as I mentioned in my previous point, we as a society will always have much to improve upon. As such, being in a consultant’s position ensures that I have maximum outreach by empowering organizations from a plethora of causes to change the world.
- Founder & President: Unifying & Nurturing Individual Through Empathy (UNITE), March 2020 - Present
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Fundraising Chair: January 2020 - Present
- Local Section/Plant Tour Coordinator: January 2019 to January 2020
- QED: The Ethical Debaters - September 2019 to May 2020
- Vice President: September 2019 - May 2020
- Head Compiler: September 2018 - May 2019
- Commuter Ambassador: Office of Campus Life, May 2019 - May 2020