Major and Graduation
B.S. Computer Science & Statistics, M.S. Computational Decision Science and Operations Dec 2022
As a double major in Computer Science and Statistics, my goals for the near future are to graduate from IIT with honors in 2022 and to diligently learn and master the skills I will need for industry. I strive to always stay compassionate and live my life by the mottos set by my high school, “Service before self,” my sorority, “Aspire, Seek, Attain,” and to ensure that I challenge myself to be better than I was the day before. As part of my sorority, I hope to become a constant source of comfort and support for the sisters already in the house and those who come after me. My goal in the near future is to receive an MBA after a few years of work experience in my chosen industry. I hope to do my education and workforce justice while ensuring that I gain the college experience where I learn more than just my assigned classes through co-curricular and leadership-enhancing activities. The global pandemic has taught us the intricacies of virtual leadership and I aim to use that in my day-to-day activities.
As someone who is critical of the society around her, I want to make a change for future generations to come. Minorities are underrepresented in STEM and one of my long-term goals is to ensure that women, especially those of color are given the encouragement and support they need to succeed in industries that are generally driven by men. It is up to this generation to ease the transition of power and allow women to be given the recognition they deserve, and I hope to be a role model and support system for young women all over the globe as they realize that anything is possible if they set their minds to it. I would also like to ensure communication and transparency between the IIT student body and its administration and to improve general happiness and morale around the campus I call my second home. I would like to become a person that ASA and IIT as a whole would be proud to call an alumnus. I aim to always carry myself with pride, determination, and empathy for those around me. The global pandemic has changed a lot of things in the world that we see before us and it is my long-term aim to use what we have learned and apply it in an effective manner for the years to come.
- I was elected class chairperson my freshman year and acted as the group leader for our volunteer project both my freshman and sophomore years.
- I also appointed the President of the Cultural Committee my junior year, and as it was (Delhi Public School’s) DPS’s 10th anniversary, we had a large celebration of ten events planned for the school year; I was in charge of executing said events for the entire school population of over 7,000 students. I also worked closely with the rest of the executive board during both my junior and senior years to plan and execute events in our school.
- Indian Student Association (ISA) - Marketing Committee (Fall 2018), Secretary (Spring 2019)
- Residence Hall Association - Floor representative (Fall 2018), Hall Council President of Lewis, Graduate and South Halls (Spring 2019)
- Engineers Without Borders - Internal Fundraising Chair (Spring 2019)
- Machine Learning @ Illinois Tech - Secretary (Fall 2018 - Spring 2020)
- Association for Women in Mathematics - Secretary (Spring 2019-Spring 2020), President (Fall 2020 - present)
- Society of Women Engineers - Events Team (Spring 2019)
- American Statistical Association - Founder, President (Spring 2019 - Present)
- Artificial Intelligence Student Association - Founder, President (Fall 2019 - Present)
- Alpha Sigma Alpha Zeta Phi Sorority - VP Alumnae & Heritage (Spring 2021 - Present)
- Order of Omega Honor Society - President (Spring 2021 - Present)
- Internship: During my internship at Global Headhunters, I was appointed the head of Business Development, and I had a team of six members reporting to me for the summer of 2018.
- Admissions: Head SOAR Orientation Leader (Fall 2020 - Present) Lead Communications Board Hawk Preview Days - Spring 2020