Illinois Tech will resume in-person courses for fall 2020. While we hope that you’re able to join us on campus this semester, we understand that many of you may have to change your plans due to health concerns as well as travel and visa restrictions.
Please use this page as a resource to determine your next steps for pursuing your education—online or in person—at Illinois Tech.
Online Learning Resources
Illinois Tech offers distance learning students a variety of programs and courses from almost every college, center, and institute at the university. Both on-campus and distance students take the same courses from the same world-class faculty. Courses follow the same rigorous curriculum. Courses earn the same well-respected degrees.
Most undergraduate courses will have a remote component, and students will be able to participate fully in those courses.
Distance learning courses at Illinois Tech are taught through Blackboard, allowing students to receive the type of personal attention and rigorous education found at a world-class university.
Blackboard, which is utilized by Illinois Tech students who take courses on campus and remotely, offers a multitude of benefits for distance learners, including:
- The opportunity to collaborate with instructors and fellow students
- Tools that offer opportunities for interaction within or outside of class time
- Easy access, including from your phone
If you have questions about the format of a specific course, please contact your academic adviser. If you would like additional information on the technical components of distance learning, please visit the Center for Learning Innovation website.
Staying Connected with the Student Community
Building a supportive campus community during your first year is an important part of the college experience. Here are ways to stay connected with student life while you study online this semester:
- HawkLink: Stay involved with campus life by joining a student organization! Student organizations are encouraged to host their meetings virtually so that you can participate, regardless of where you are located.
- Blackboard: If you enroll in online courses for the fall, our collaborative Blackboard learning module will allow you to engage and collaborate with fellow students on course projects.
- First-Year Experience: This platform will be virtual and is meant to create your network of peers, professors, and staff members to fuel your successful transition to Illinois Tech.