File Your FAFSA Form (filing began in October)
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using school code 001691. Use the IRS data retrieval tool for quick processing using your 2018 tax information. Illinois residents are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as early as possible to be considered for state aid.
Beginning in mid-February
- Receive financial aid offer by mail
- Complete Master Promissory Note(s) and Entrance Counseling for federal loans at studentloans.gov
- Submit all outstanding documentation to the Office of Financial Aid for the upcoming year. June 5 is the priority submission date for all financial aid documents.
- Establish payment plan with the Student Accounting Office.
- Complete Title IV Authorization Form with the Student Accounting Office. This form allows Illinois Tech to apply financial aid to non-mandatory fees such as bookstore charges, library fines, and health insurance.
- Fall courses begin. Institutional scholarships and federal financial aid disburse to your account. Payments can be made through the portal, in the TouchNet system.
- Be sure to make any course schedule changes by this date. If you do not drop courses properly with the Registrar’s Office, you will be charged!
- Check financial aid disbursement in your portal. If all aid is not disbursed, but all requirements are satisfied, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Accepting Your Financial Aid Offer
Official Financial Aid offers are mailed in February to all students who file their FAFSA form and send their information to Illinois Tech using school code 001691. Learn about what steps to take to accept your financial aid offer once you confirm your enrollment.