State Street Village (SSV), designed by acclaimed international architect Helmut Jahn, consists of three five-story buildings that face the primary thoroughfare running through Mies Campus. One of its most distinctive features is that the Green Line elevated (“L”) train runs behind, which gives it a distinctly Chicago vibe. SSV offers 367 beds in two suite-style buildings (two students per bedroom) and one apartment-style building (one student per bedroom). Take a virtual tour on Google. To reserve your room in SSV, visit MyRoom.
Campus housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that graduate students submit contracts for housing as early as possible.
- Suite-style means that two students share a room, and they share a bathroom with two other students
- Fifth-floor student lounges in each building
- Two fifth-floor outdoor terraces with panoramic views of downtown Chicago
- Staffed 24 hours a day by community desk assistants. Students must use their student IDs to enter through the front door and to pass the front desk.
- Extensive audio/visual displays in the main lounges, including a 50-inch high-definition, plasma display television, surround sound, DVD player, carousel CD player, and terrace speakers
- Internet and cable
- Temperature controls in each suite/apartment and a complete furniture package including bed, desk, dresser, and desk chair
- Laundry room and small kitchen with a stove, oven, refrigerator, and microwave on second, third, and fourth floors
Two- or Three-Bedroom Apartment
Note: All floor plans, room sizes, and furniture depictions are approximate. Actual units may vary from floor plan.
SSV suites and apartments are fully furnished. Each resident is provided a study desk with chair, a dresser, and an extra-long twin mattress with bed frame. In addition, each SSV South apartment is furnished with a couch, and the kitchens are equipped with a microwave and refrigerator.
Information for Existing SSV Residents
Current SSV residents who intend to live on campus during the summer or the following academic year must take part in the summer reservation or the returning resident reservation process, both of which take place on MyRoom.