IIT Colleges & Institutes
College of Science and Letters Announces Winners of $5,000 Summer Research Stipends
Matt Bauer, associate dean for academic affairs, College of Science and Letters, announced the winners of this year's CSL Undergraduate Summer Research Stipends. Each student will receive $5,000 to do research with a faculty member this summer.
- Mohamad Alaliwi (CS 4th year), Lisa Gandy, computer science instructor at IIT and assistant professor of computer science, Central Michigan University.
- Kaylynn Barker (BIOL 2nd year), John Terschak, former lecturer in chemistry.
- Haocheng Bian (AMAT and CS 2nd year), Greg Fasshauer, professor of applied mathematics.
- Melanie Dooley (AMAT and PHYS 2nd year), Duchossis Professor of Physics Carlo Segre.
- Aleksander Korczakowski (PHYS 2nd year), John Zasadzinski, Paul and Suzi Schutt Endowed Chair of Science.
- Peter Lau (BCHM 3rd year), Nick Menhart, associate professor of biology.
- Martha Razo (AMAT 1st year), Fred Hickernell, applied mathematics chair and professor.
- Megan Schultz (BIOL 3rd year), Biology Associate Professor Jialing Xiang.
- Thomas Vukson (CHEM 3rd year), Aditya Unni, assistant professor of chemistry.
Undergraduate Summer Research Stipends offer undergraduate students the opportunity to see what it is like to work in a lab alongside faculty who are leaders in their fields of research. Students explore their interests, solve problems, advance knowledge, and prepare for their next step—whether graduate school, medical school, or the workplace. More >
MMF and MSF Students Win Third Place in Trading Competition
IIT Students Take Four "GEN 10" Awards for Excellence in Scientific Research
Professor of Biology and Physics Thomas Irving Publishes Study on Elastic Energy Storage in Muscle Myofilaments
IIT Researchers Win American Academy of Environmental Engineering and Science Honor Award