Eric Brey, Ph.D.Professor
Office: Wishnick Hall, Room 223
Wishnick Hall, Suite 314
3255 S Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60616-3793
Web: Neovascularization in Regenerative Medicine and Diabetes
- Vascularization, tissue engineering, biomaterials, imaging
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville
- M.Eng., Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Rice University
- NIH post-doctoral fellow, Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center
- 2011 Invited talk, TERMIS world congress
- 2010 Sigma Xi Award for Excellence in Research
- 2010-current Member, North American Council, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS)
- 2007 Visiting Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan
1. Appel A.A., Larson J.C., Somo S., Zhong Z., Spicer P.S., Kasper F.K., Garson A.B., Zysk A.M., Mikos A.G., Anastasio M.A., Brey E.M. Imaging of poly(α-hydroxy-ester) scaffolds with X-ray Phase Contrast Micro-CT. Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods. Accepted.
2. Jiang B., Waller T.M., Larson J.C., Appel A.A., Brey E.M. Fibrin Loaded Porous Poly(ethylene glycol) Hydrogels Induce Vascular Network Formation. Tissue Engineering Part A. Accepted.
3. Chiu Y.C., Cheng M.H., Engel H., Larson J., Gupta S., Brey E.M. The Role of Pore Size on Vascularization and Tissue Remodeling in PEG Hydrogels. Biomaterials. 32(26):6045-6051, 2011.
4. Khanna O., Moya M.L., Opara E.C., Brey E.M. Synthesis of multilayered alginate microcapsules for the sustained-release of fibroblast growth factor-1. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part A. 95(2):632-640, 2010.
5. Moya M.L., Huang J.J., Francis-Sedlak ME., Kao S., Opara E.C., Cheng M., Brey E.M. FGF-1 Loaded Alginate Microbeads Stimulate Neovascularization but not Adipogenesis in a Model of Vascularized Adipose Tissue Formation. Biomaterials. 31(10):2816-2826, 2010.
6. Francis-Sedlak M.F., Moya M.L., Huang J.J., Lucas S.A., Larson J.C., Chandrasekharan N., Cheng M.H., Brey E.M. Collagen Glycation Alters Neovascularization in vitro and in vivo. Microvascular Research. 80(1):3-9, 2010.
7. Uriel S., Labay E., Francis-Sedlak M., Moya M.L., Weichselbaum R.R., Ervin N., Cankova Z., Brey E.M. Extraction and Assembly of Tissue Derived Gels for 3D Culture and Tissue Engineering. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 15(3):309-321, 2009.