Master of Public Policy and Administration
Develop the knowledge and skills you need in management and policy analysis to become an effective public or nonprofit manager and leader.
Tell Us More About You
Get Ready to Learn at the Speed of Business
The Master of Public Policy and Administration (M.P.P.A.) program at Illinois Tech’s Stuart School of Business focuses on cultivating mastery of best practices in management and leadership, public policy, and using data analytics to gain actionable insights.
You’ll develop the knowledge and skills you need to improve the efficiency and impact of public and nonprofit organizations in a wide range of fields. Here’s how:
- Our faculty are both academics and practitioners, using a practical, applied approach in their teaching.
- Illinois Tech’s unique Elevate program guarantees you opportunities for hands-on experiences, such as in-person or virtual internships, plus mentoring and individualized academic and career planning.
- Specializations are available for students with specific interests in economic development, social entrepreneurship, public safety and emergency preparedness, or nonprofit and mission-driven enterprises.
- The program includes flexibility for busy professionals, with evening classes, and can be completed either part-time or full-time
Your Choice—In Person or Online
With our program’s hybrid courses, you can choose to attend your class sessions in person at Illinois Tech’s downtown Chicago campus or go online to attend virtually.
Fall 2022 admission is open, with no GRE or GMAT required. Fill out the form on this page for information about scholarships and to connect with Stuart faculty and staff.
The Stuart School of Business M.P.P.A. Scholarship awards up to $18,641 to students pursuing the Master of Public Policy and Administration degree. Fill out the form on this page to learn more.
Stuart M.P.P.A. graduates have been hired at governmental entities, nonprofit organizations, and companies such as:
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Chicago Transit Authority and Metra
- American Cancer Society
- State of Illinois
“I was taught by professors who had professional knowledge of the fields they were teaching. I have been able to take many concepts that I learned in class and directly apply them to my work. Stuart School of Business also offered me career advice, guidance, and the chance to form professional relationships that will last for many years to come.”
Stuart Stands Out
M.P.P.A. Scholarship Awards Students Up to $18,641
Only Business School in a Tech-Focused University in Chicago
Internship and Career Guidance
Stuart’s Career Management Center offers personalized resources exclusively for business students.