Candidates competing for the Illinois Tech WRO Scholarships demonstrate an aptitude for science, technology, and other STEM subjects. WRO scholars are eligible for a stackable institutional scholarship award of $5,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for architecture). As a stackable scholarship, students are able to add, or stack, other earned merit scholarships to their WRO scholarship.
To be eligible for an Illinois Tech WRO Scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Tech as a first-year student. Students who are awarded a WRO scholarship may pursue any major at Illinois Tech.
- Be a senior in high school, applying to colleges for the fall 2024 semester
- Have participated in at least one full season during your junior or senior year on a WRO team (note: if a WRO team is in its first season, seniors can still apply for the WRO scholarship)
How to Apply
- Apply to Illinois Tech as a first-year student at www.commonapp.org
- Upload the following supplemental materials:
- WRO Scholarship Application
- One-page essay describing your involvement in WRO
Illinois Tech WRO Scholarship application must be submitted no later than May 15 of a student’s senior year.
The WRO Scholarship is stackable and renewable annually. Therefore, it can be combined with other Illinois Tech institutional scholarships such as Heald, Chicago Police and Fire, FIRST Robotics, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, International scholarship, and more.
Please contact Armando Bocanegra at email@example.com or 312.567.6935 for any questions about this scholarship opportunity.