Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN that is required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
First Semester of Enrollment
A new student should request and obtain the PIN from their academic adviser (via an email to the adviser) from the time they are notified of their adviser assignment and up to the add/drop date of their first semester. If a problem occurs while obtaining the PIN, the student should contact the biomedical engineering Department Administrator Catherine D'Amico (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Department Chair John Georgiadis (email@example.com). If the student is not notified who their adviser is by the first week of classes, the student should also contact the department.
Continuing Semesters of Enrollment
The PIN will be displayed in the MyIIT portal, on the "IIT Personal ID Numbers" channel located under the "Welcome" tab. If a problem occurs with obtaining the PIN, the student should contact D'Amico (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Georgiadis (email@example.com).
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or Accelerated Master's Program) adviser. The GP Graduate Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Accelerated master's students in the first semester of graduate enrollment
- Traditional masters students at nine earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credit
The hold prevents registration before the following semester, until lifted by the adviser, and a mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold.
From the week before the semester starts and up to the registration period of each semester, the graduate student will request (via an email) an advising appointment with their adviser. This appointment will be completed before or during the registration period of each semester.
If the academic adviser does not respond within three business days from the request, or is not available for an advising appointment during a certain semester, the student should notify D'Amico and Georgiadis (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) and provide their CWID number so that another faculty member can be appointed to meet with the student.
Accelerated Master's Process for Removing Hold
An accelerated master's student registration hold will be removed when the student submits the declaration of accelerated master's shared and non-shared courses in eForms, after it is approved by their adviser, academic unit, and Graduate Academic Affairs, which will then lift the hold. You will need to see your adviser for shared and non-shared course advising. Please refer to the “Accelerated Master's Program Advising” link below on this web page.
Illinois Tech Europe Partnership Students
Georgiadis will meet one-on-one with all Illinois Tech Europe students for program advising. The shared master's program will be explained, courses will be chosen, and a recommendation of a faculty adviser for the International Research Project that is in line with your area of interest will be made. Please refer to the "International Partner Research Project" (INIP) link below on this advising web page.
- Accelerated Master's Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress—Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English Language Deficiencies, Assessment, Courses and Waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Student Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPRO: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/