Our undergraduate students can use the instructions below to help navigate and prepare for the registration process:
- If you have not done so already, you should familiarize yourself with your degree curriculum flowchart and compare your progress to date along with what is shown in DegreeWorks (accessible via myIIT).
- Consult the schedule of classes now available for the upcoming semester(s) and create a proposed schedule for yourself.
- To make your draft schedule, you can view course offerings in myIIT, as well as on the publicly accessible schedule available online, and also via the third-party scheduler Clarify. Note: Clarify is not an official Illinois Tech service but was created by an IIlinois Tech graduate as a convenient and helpful course scheduler tool.
- Once you have drafted your proposed schedule, work with your academic adviser to receive approval. From there you'll be prepared to register for classes on your registration date.
- For incoming undergraduate students, we have a document with additional advising information:
Our quick guides will assist you with planning your degree program:
Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
- All civil engineering and architectural engineering students are required to register for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination during their senior year
- The examination is offered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) throughout the year
- We recommend that students enrolled in accelerated master’s degrees take the FE exam the summer between their fourth and fifth years
- Students are required to submit proof of registration for the FE exam to UGAA@iit.edu prior to graduation. Proof of registration may include a receipt from NCEES indicating they have registered and paid for the exam or a screenshot from their NCEES dashboard indicating registration and payment have been completed.
- General information on the process of how to register can be found on the Office of the Registrar site
- Information on your registration date is available in myIIT, as well as on the Registrar's site