Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN that is required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
First Semester of Enrollment
In order to receive your PIN to register, you must meet with your faculty adviser for program and course advising. Your adviser will administer your PIN to register. If you are unable to reach them, contact electrical and computer engineering Academic Program Coordinator Joanette Catino (email@example.com) and she will assist you in scheduling a meeting, either in person or over the phone for distance learners.
Continuing Semesters of Enrollment
The registration PIN will be displayed in the MyIIT portal on the “IIT Personal ID Numbers” channel located under the "Welcome" tab:
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with the graduate academic (or Accelerated Master's Program) adviser. The GP Graduate Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Accelerated master's students in the first semester of graduate enrollment
- Traditional masters students at 9 earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credits
The hold prevents registration before the following semester, until lifted by the adviser, and a mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold.
How to Schedule Academic Advising Session to Remove Hold
Graduate students are required to meet with their academic adviser prior to registration to remove the mandatory advising hold. Contact your adviser directly by email or phone. Some faculty members are using TutorTrac for scheduling appointments. TutorTrac is accessed from the my.iit.edu portal "Academics" tab or by clicking on the "Advising" tab from Graduate Degree Works.
If your academic adviser does not respond within two to three business days regarding the PIN or advising, you may forward the initial email to Catino (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CWID number and she will arrange your advising meeting.
Accelerated Master's Process for Removing Hold
An accelerated master's student registration hold will be removed when the student submits the declaration of accelerated master's shared and non-shared courses in eForms, after it is approved by their advisor, academic unit, and Graduate Academic Affairs, which will then lift the hold. You will need to see your adviser for shared and non-shared course advising. Please refer to the "Accelerated Master's Program Advising" link below on this advising web page.
Illinois Tech Europe Partnership Students
Jafar Saniie, chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, will meet one-on-one with all Illinois Tech Europe students for program advising. The shared master's program will be explained, courses will be chosen, and a recommendation of a faculty adviser for the International Research Project that is in line with your area of interest will be made. Please refer to the "International Partner Research Project" (INIP) link below.
- Accelerated Master's Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress— Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services<
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Student Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPros: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/