Fundamentals of Quantum Computing and Sensing Workshop
All students, faculty, and staff are invited to attend the virtual Fundamentals of Quantum Computing and Sensing workshop taking place on Friday, April 30. Hosted by the Department of Physics, the workshop will feature seminars throughout the day and several guest speakers.
- Learn quantum computing from IBM experts
- Explore how this technology is changing fundamental science’
- Get hands-on experience with actual quantum computers
- Discover how quantum sensing works
- Find internship and job opportunities
- Steve Margolis, client technical leader, IBM Federal
- Pedro Rivero, graduate research assistant, Illinois Tech and Argonne National Laboratory
- Matthew Otten, scientist, HRL Laboratories
- Rakshya Khatiwada, assistant professor of physics at Illinois Tech and associate scientist at Fermilab
- Robert McDermott, professor of physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Kin Chung Fong, scientist and associate, Raytheon BBN Technologies, Harvard University
There are limited spots available for this event and early registration is recommended.
For more information and to register, visit quantum2021.iit.edu.