Office of the Ombudsperson
Marsha Ross-Jackson, University Ombudsperson
The university ombudsperson reports directly to the Illinois Tech president and acts as a neutral, independent, impartial, and confidential resource for faculty and staff. The university ombudsperson is independent of the university’s formal administrative structure and will consider all sides of an issue in an impartial manner.
The university ombudsperson will maintain the utmost confidentiality and can provide the following services:
- Act as a resource and listener for all faculty and staff
- Provide information that can help faculty and staff
- Clarify or research who the right person is to contact or which department should address a concern
- Provide advice and coaching on how to most effectively express concerns formally or to assist in resolving conflicts or concerns informally
- Mediate and facilitate discussions when necessary
- Clarify policies and procedures
The university ombudsperson cannot provide legal advice; conduct formal investigations; or change rules, policies, and procedures.
Please contact the university ombudsperson at email@example.com to schedule a virtual meeting if you would like to discuss possible support.
You can learn more about University Ombudsperson Marsha Ross-Jackson on the Chicago-Kent College of Law website.