Fundamentals of Finance (Certificate)
The Master of Science in Finance program at Stuart School of Business, nationally ranked in the United States by TFE Times, offers a variety of graduate and post-graduate certificate programs specifically designed for working professionals who want to enhance their specialized expertise to propel their careers forward.
The Fundamentals of Finance certificate includes a survey of asset pricing theory using Excel spreadsheet modeling to explore the relationship between macroeconomic conditions and investment opportunities, a foundation for understanding the price and risk management of derivative securities using mathematical tools in stochastic processes, and financial statement analysis that compares U.S. practices to those in other major countries.
Certificate students take classes alongside degree-seeking students and benefit from the same expert faculty, hands-on approach, and curriculum that is attuned to leading-edge finance practices and technologies.
Convenient for busy professionals, courses are scheduled in the evening at Illinois Tech’s Downtown Campus.
The Fundamentals of Finance certificate includes a survey of asset pricing theory, a foundation course covering the price and risk management of derivative securities, and a financial statement analysis course that compares practices in the United States and other major countries.
The Fundamentals of Finance certificate provides professionals with the latest industry-relevant ideas, skills, and technologies targeted to their interests and career paths as financial analysts.
Disclaimer for prospective students, please read.
This certificate includes three semester-length courses (9 credit hours total). Each course meets once a week for 15 weeks. Use the link below for a list of courses and descriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Minimum two years of related work experience
- Depending on previous academic coursework, the applicant may need to take additional prerequisite courses that may not count toward the certificate
TechPro Certificate—Discount Up to 50% Plus Online Classes
Financial Toolbox is a TechPro certificate program with these benefits:
- 35–50% cost reduction, including discounts for any prerequisites that may be required
- This certificate program can be completed online
- No GRE/GMAT required
You’ll receive a scholarship of up to $5,000 if you enroll in one of our master’s programs within three years of completing your TechPro certificate program.
Designed for Busy Professionals
Stuart School of Business Certificates in Finance Aare:
- Targeted: Get the specific, career-focused education you need now
- Convenient: Evening classes at Illinois Tech’s Downtown Campus, located a block west of Union Station in Chicago
- Flexible: Take one or more courses at a time
Use Your Certificate Credit Toward a Master’s Degree
Certificate program students who later apply and are admitted to a master’s degree program at Stuart may apply all approved certificate coursework with a grade of “B” or higher to a master’s degree. A certificate is typically equivalent to one-fourth to one-third of the credit hours required for a degree. Students have the option of transferring to the master’s program in any semester.