Nonprofit and Mission-Driven Management (Certificate)
The Master of Public Policy and Administration program at Stuart School of Business offers certificate programs specifically designed for mid-career professionals who want to enhance their expertise with the latest industry-relevant ideas, skills, and tools.
The Certificate in Nonprofit and Mission-Driven Management is tailored for professionals who want to become managers and leaders of nonprofit and other mission-driven enterprises. Students can customize their course of study, choosing among courses addressing effective financial and systems management in the government and nonprofit sectors, social entrepreneurship, community and regional planning and policy making, economic development, and more.
Students in this certificate program take four semester-length courses, learning alongside degree-seeking students and benefiting from the same expert faculty and master’s degree curriculum that is attuned to leading-edge business practices and technologies.
Convenient for busy professionals, courses are scheduled in the evening and most are held at Illinois Tech’s Conviser Law Center in downtown Chicago.
The Certificate in Nonprofit and Mission-Driven Management is tailored for professionals who want to become managers and leaders of nonprofit and other mission-driven enterprises. Students can customize their course of study, choosing among a range of courses offered.
The Certificate in Nonprofit and Mission-Driven Management combines rigorous instruction with a practical orientation to provide students with the skills needed to enter the nonprofit field, advance their current nonprofit career, or become a nonprofit or mission-driven enterprise entrepreneur.
This certificate includes a minimum of four semester-length courses (12 credit hours total). Each course meets once a week for 15 weeks. Use the link below for a list of courses and descriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Depending on previous academic coursework, the applicant may need to take additional prerequisite courses that may not count toward the certificate
TechPro Certificate—Discount Up to 50% Plus Online Classes
Financial Toolbox is a TechPro certificate program with these benefits:
- 35–50% cost reduction, including discounts for any prerequisites that may be required
- This certificate program can be completed online
- No GRE/GMAT required
You’ll receive a scholarship of up to $5,000 if you enroll in one of our master’s programs within three years of completing your TechPro certificate program.
Designed for Busy Professionals
Stuart School of Business Certificates Are:
- Targeted: Get the education you need now to propel your career forward
- Convenient: Evening class schedule, with most courses taught at Illinois Tech’s Conviser Law Center, located one block west of Union Station in downtown Chicago
- Flexible: Take one or more courses at a time
Use Your Certificate Credit Toward a Master’s Degree
The Master of Public Policy and Administration degree program includes the option for a Nonprofit and Mission-Driven Management specialization.
Certificate program students who later apply and are admitted to a master’s degree program at Stuart may apply all approved certificate coursework with a grade of “B” or higher to a master’s degree. A certificate is typically equivalent to one-fourth to one-third of the credit hours required for a degree. Students have the option of transferring to the master’s program in any semester.