The co-terminal option of the Accelerated Master’s Program is for Illinois Tech undergraduate students who have at least 12 credits left toward their undergraduate degrees. Third-year students are ideal candidates for the co-terminal option, as it requires the completion of at least 60 credits. For transfer students, at least 12 credits must have been completed at Illinois Tech. Choose from either a pre-determined pairing of bachelor’s and master’s degrees, or work with your adviser to select your own pairing that matches your interests.
This program allows undergraduate students to earn both an undergraduate and graduate degree in five to six years. Nine shared credits will apply toward both of your degrees. Additionally, undergraduate financial aid is applied toward both degrees.
To participate as a co-terminal student, you must meet the following eligibility requirements :
- Must be in good academic standing with the university
- Student must not have applied for conferral (i.e. graduation) at the time of the co-terminal application
- Must have completed at least 60 credits and have no fewer than 12 undergraduate credits remaining at the start of co-terminal program
- Co-terminal pairing must be approved prior to starting the course of study
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required; students with a GPA lower than the minimum may still be eligible with a letter of recommendation from their undergraduate academic adviser
Apply for Co-Terminal
Who Can I Contact for More Information?
Students interested in the Accelerated Master’s Program should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and application requirements.