Candidates competing for Illinois Tech FIRST Robotics Scholarships demonstrate an aptitude for science and technology and an entrepreneurial spirit. FIRST scholars are eligible for a stackable institutional scholarship award of $5,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for architecture). As a stackable scholarship, students are able to add, or stack, other earned merit scholarships to their FIRST scholarship.
To be considered for an Illinois Tech FIRST Robotics Scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Tech as a first-year student. Students who are awarded a FIRST scholarship may pursue any major at Illinois Tech.
- Be a senior in high school.
- Have participated for at least one full season during your junior or senior year on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team
Steps to Apply
- Apply via the Early Decision I or II or Early Action I or II application deadline
- Complete and submit an application for admission through the Common Application by January 15
- Complete and submit the application, which will include:
- A one-page essay describing your involvement in FIRST
Complete the application form below and upload the form and essay.
Illinois Tech FIRST Robotics Scholarship application must be submitted no later than January 15 of a student’s senior year.
The Illinois Tech FIRST Robotics Scholarship is stackable and renewable annually. Therefore, it can be combined with other Illinois Tech institutional scholarships such as Heald, Chicago Police and Fire, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, and more.
Please contact Armando Bocanegra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.567.6935 for any questions about this scholarship opportunity.