Candidates competing for Illinois Tech FIRST scholarships demonstrate an aptitude for science and technology and an entrepreneurial spirit. FIRST scholars are eligible for a merit scholarship award of $25,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for architecture).
To be considered for an Illinois Tech/FIRST scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Tech as a first-year student. Students who are awarded a FIRST scholarship may pursue any major at Illinois Tech.
- Be a senior in high school.
- Have participated for at least one full season during your junior or senior year on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit an application for regular admission through the Common Application
- Complete and submit the application, which will include:
- A one-page essay describing your involvement in FIRST
Complete the application form below and upload the form and essay.
Illinois Tech FIRST scholarship application must be submitted no later than January 15 of a student's senior year.
PLEASE NOTE: The FIRST Robotics Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Heald, Chicago Police and Fire, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, and more. If a student earns multiple Illinois Tech merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified but will not combine multiple awards.