Over 100,000 Reasons*
Why Illinois Tech is one of the best value universities in the country
As an Illinois Tech student, you’ll automatically be considered for our university’s generous institutional scholarships. On average, this adds up to a savings of over $107,472 on tuition and housing for every student during your four years at Illinois Tech ($134,340 for five years) based on fall 2021 figures.
We’re committed to dramatically reducing the cost of your degree, so you can focus on learning at one of the most dynamic and innovation-driven universities in the country.
*Want some more great reasons?
- On top of our institutional scholarship, on average, Illinois Tech awards our students an additional $34,412 each in need-based tuition aid over four years ($43,015 for five years). (among FAFSA filers, fall 2021)
- We’re the #29 Best Value School in the nation (U.S. News & World Report)
- 98% of our students receive some form of financial aid
- The mean starting salary of our undergraduates is $63,938
Learn about our First-Year Domestic Scholarships
All domestic first-year students are considered for the Heald scholarship, an institutional tuition award ranging from $60,000 to $120,000 over four years of undergraduate study. No additional application is necessary to be considered for the Heald scholarship.
The following scholarships are also available to first-year students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Please note that some of these scholarships require a separate scholarship application. If you are an international student, visit international undergraduate student scholarships.
If a student earns one of the institutional scholarships listed below, the highest institutional scholarship awarded will replace the Heald scholarship awarded upon admission. The university will not combine multiple scholarships unless otherwise noted.
Deadline November 15
Camras, Crown, Duchossois, and Leadership Academy Scholars make up approximately 4-5% of our incoming first-year class each year. Apply under Early Decision or Early Action to be considered for these full-tuition scholarships.
- Camras Scholarship
- Crown Scholarship
- Duchossois Leadership Scholars
- M.A. and Lila Self Leadership Academic Scholars
- The Chicago Difference (Nov 15 priority deadline, Feb 1 regular deadline)
If a student earns one of the scholarships listed below, the highest institutional scholarship awarded will replace the Heald scholarship, which is awarded upon admission. The university will not combine multiple scholarships unless otherwise noted.
Please note that the below three interest-based scholarships are stackable scholarships:
- Illinois Tech VEX Robotics Scholarship
- Illinois Tech FIRST Robotics
- Illinois Tech / Uncharted Learning Innovation Scholarship
The awards below may be combined with existing Illinois Tech institutional scholarships.
- Illinois Tech Esports Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- EDGE Award: The Edge award funds Elevate experiential learning opportunities such as study away, research, internships/co-ops, and more. Students may earn Edge awards by participating in virtual internships and other activities prior to enrolling at Illinois Tech. Learn more about Elevate and Edge awards.
To be considered for need-based financial aid at Illinois Tech, students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or renewal FAFSA. Designate "IIT" on the FAFSA with our Title IV code, 001691, so we will receive your electronic Student Aid Report.
In addition to institutional scholarships, students who submit their FAFSA to Illinois Tech also receive on average $34,412 over four years in federal and state grants and institutional need-based scholarships. Students who submit their FAFSA will also be considered for loans and federal work-study. Learn more.
Illinois Tech is committed to helping students secure additional funding from outside sources. We regularly add outside scholarships to our Scholarship Opportunities spreadsheet, which can be accessed through the Scholarship Channel on the myIIT portal, which students can gain access to upon admission to the university.
Illinois Tech Scholarship Match
Illinois Tech offers a scholarship match with the following organizations:
Students who are selected for a scholarship with one of our partners will receive a one-time Illinois Tech scholarship matching the amount received from the partner organization.