Illinois Tech's Camras scholars program is looking for who's next. Named for Marvin Camras (EE ’40, M.S. ’42), a pioneer in magnetic recording technology, Camras scholars have solved age-old problems in structural engineering, developed novel methods for improving campus life, and increased the overall academic ethic and social ethic of their fellow students. The group's mission is to help its members achieve their personal and professional goals, while promoting excellence in groundbreaking and innovative research, social and entrepreneurial leadership, and service to the Illinois Tech community and the world as a whole. Of all students who apply to Illinois Tech, less than 1 percent are selected to be Camras Scholars.
The interprofessional spirit at Illinois Tech makes for more than just good engineers, scientists, architects, and others. It challenges our students to go beyond their fields of study and see the rest of the world—and the Camras scholars are no exception.
Full tuition is awarded to the student the first year the Camras Scholarship goes into effect. The same amount is awarded each consecutive year and does not cover the cost of a tuition increase. Visit the Camras scholars program website.
How to Apply
- Camras scholars candidates must submit their completed application (including transcripts and official test scores) to Illinois Tech by November 15 to be considered for this scholarship
- No additional scholarship application is necessary. If an applicant is selected as a finalist for the Camras Scholarship, they will be invited to attend Scholarship Symposium, held in the first week of February
- Candidates who are invited to attend Scholarship Symposium are required to participate in a round table discussion with a member of the faculty and other finalists
- Satisfy very high selection standards and demonstrate outstanding academics, involvement in extracurricular activities, and dedication to leadership
- Be a full-time student
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident (Dreamer friendly)
PLEASE NOTE: The Camras Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Elevate, Heald, FIRST Robotics, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Crown, Leadership Academy, Chicago Police and Fire, Collens, and more. If a student earns multiple Illinois Tech merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified but will not combine multiple awards.