Candidates competing for the Illinois Tech VEX scholarships demonstrate an aptitude for science, technology, and other STEM subjects. VEX scholars are eligible for a merit scholarship award of $25,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for architecture).
To be eligible for an Illinois Tech VEX scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Tech as a first-year student. Students who are awarded a VEX scholarship may pursue any major at Illinois Tech.
- Be a senior in high school
- Have participated for at least one full season—during your junior or senior year—on a VEX Robotics team
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit an application for admission through the Common Application
- Complete the application form and upload it with the following items:
- A one-page essay describing your involvement in VEX
- Your team and coach contact information
Illinois Tech VEX scholarship application must be submitted no later than January 15 of a student’s senior year.
PLEASE NOTE: The VEX Robotics Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Heald, Chicago Police and Fire, FIRST Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, and more. If a student earns multiple Illinois Tech merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified but will not combine multiple awards.