Advising PIN (required for registration each semester)
Each academic unit issues the Advising PIN required for registration in the first semester of student enrollment at Illinois Tech.
For graduate students in full-time programs:
- New master of science and Ph.D. students receive their PIN number from the director of graduate studies—Associate Professor Igor Cialenco, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. He serves as these students' first academic adviser. The professional masters students can obtain their PIN number from the program directors or academic advisers.
- For continuing semesters, if not on probation, students can find their Advising PIN number in their MyIIT account. The Advising PIN is typically found under the my.iit.edu “Welcome” tab as shown in the following IIT Personal ID Numbers portal widget example.
Figure 1. IIT Personal ID Numbers Portal Widget Example
Graduate Academic Advising
Graduate students are required to complete a mandatory advising session with a graduate academic (or Accelerated Master's Program) adviser. The GP Graduate Advising Hold becomes active before the next semester of registration opens for:
- Accelerated master’s students in the first semester of graduate enrollment
- Traditional masters students at nine earned or enrolled credits
- Doctoral students at 18 earned or enrolled credits
The hold prevents registration before the following semester, until lifted by the adviser, and a mandatory advising session is required for the student to clear the registration hold.
One-on-one advising sessions can be arranged by email with the student’s adviser based on the student’s need.
Students in part-time professional programs have the Program Director as their adviser.
- Accelerated Master's Program Advising
- Interdisciplinary Program Advising
- International Partner Research Project (INIP)
- Program Requirements/Student Progress—Graduate DegreeWorks
- eForms Use
- Updating Program Options
- New Admission Required
- International Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- English language deficiencies, assessment, courses and waivers
- Academic Affairs (Graduate): https://web.iit.edu/gaa
- Academic Resources: https://web.iit.edu/arc
- Career Services: https://web.iit.edu/career-services
- Digital Learning (Distance/Online Learning): https://online.iit.edu/
- Disability Resources: https://web.iit.edu/cdr
- English Language Services: https://appliedtech.iit.edu/english-language-services
- Financial Aid: https://web.iit.edu/financial-aid
- Health and Wellness: https://web.iit.edu/shwc
- Idea Shop and IPRO: https://web.iit.edu/academic-affairs/idea-shop-and-ipro
- International Center: https://web.iit.edu/international-center
- Registrar: https://web.iit.edu/registrar/registration
- Student Accounting: https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/