- Teaching Assistant Professor
- 2022 Completed PhD in Computer Science, University of Cape Town, South Africa, Research in Computational Radio Astronomy (Modelling scientific databases).
- 2013 MSc in Data Communication and Software Engineering, Makerere University, Uganda, Research in Communication Networks and Software Engineering.
- 2007 Bachelor of Statistics, Makerere University, Uganda, Specialized in Statistical
Computational Science, Databases, Computer Networks and Software Engineering.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
ACM Active Member
IEEE Active Member
IITPSA Active Western Cape Chapter Member
ISOC Active South African Chapter
ICT4D Active UCT Chapter Member SKA RFI Active Working Group Member
- 2012 Gerald N. Balekaki and Idris A. Rai, Impact of High TCP Initial congestion Window Highly Congested Networks, AFRICOMM, YaoundÈ Cameroon.
- 2019 Gerald N. Balekaki and M. Kuttel, A Scalable Database Model of RFI Data for the MeerKAT Radio Telescope, SAICSIT ’19, Skukuza, South Africa.
- 2020 Gerald N. Balekaki and M. Kuttel, Performance evaluation of an integrated RFI database at MeerKAT Radio Telescope, SAICSIT ’20, Cape Town, South Africa.