- Professor of Civil and Architectural Engineering
- Dean of the Graduate College
- Interim Director of the Center for Learning Innovation
- Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- An investigation of vibration of horizontally curved bridge in highway feeder ramps, Sponsor, Illinois Institute of Technology, principal investigator, J. Mohammadi
- Analytical investigation of seismic damage to skewed bridges in California, sponsor, Illinois Institute of Technology, principal investigators, J. Mohammadi and J. Shen
- A Bayesian updating approach using visual inspection in structural health monitoring, Sponsor: Illinois Institute of Technology, principal investigators: J. Mohammadi and M. Modares
- Determinant of motor vehicle fatalities and fatality rate in Illinois,Sponsor: Illinois Department of Transportation, principal investigators: J. Mohammadi and J. Khisty
- A warning system for early detection of collapse of structures during fire, Sponsor: NASA Huntsville, AL, principal investigator: J. Mohammadi
- Risk analysis for transportation of hazardous materials throughout the city of Chicago, Sponsor: Illinois EPA and Chicago Fire Department, principal investigators: J. Mohammadi and J. Khisty
- An investigation into causes and effects of fires following the Loma Prieta Eathquake, sponsor: National Science Foundation, principal investigator: J. Mohammadi
- Effect of Truck Weight Increase upon Illinois Highway Bridges,Sponsor: Illinois Department of Transportation, principal investigators: S. Guralnick and J. Mohammadi
- Fatigue analysis
- Bridge performance
- Structural analysis
Guralnick, S.A., and Mohammadi, J. (2010). A probabilistic mechanical model for simulating fatigue failure in metals – modeling the damage accumulation process," International Journal of Structural Engineering.
Mohammadi, J., and Polepeddi, R., Bridge rating with consideration for fatigue damage from overloads, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 5, No. 3, Aug. 2000, p 259-266.
Byers, W., Marley, M., Mohammadi, J., Nielson, R. and Sarkani, S. (1997).Fatigue reliability reassessment procedures: a state-of-the-art paper, J. of Structural Engineering, ASCE.
Byers, W., Marley, M., Mohammadi, J., Nielson, R. and Sarkani, S. (1997).Fatigue reliability reassessment applications: a state-of-the-art paper, J. of Structural Engineering, ASCE.
Mohammadi, J., Guralnick, S.A. and Yan, L. (1995). Incorporating life-cycle costs in highway-bridge planning and design, J. of Transportation Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 121, Number 5, September 1995, p. 417-424.
Hahin, C., South, G., Mohammadi, J. and Polepeddi, R. (1993). Accurate and Rapid Strain Gage Determination of Fatigue damage in Steel Bridges, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 119.
Apirakvorapinit, P, Mohammadi, J., and Shen, J. (2011). Analytical Investigation of Seismic Damage to a Skewed Bridge, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE.
Mohammadi, J., and Modares, M. (2012). A Practical Approach in Using Uncertainties in Structural Condition Assessment, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE (on-line edition).
Djavid, M., and Mohammadi, J. (2011). Comparative Risk Analysis for Reconstruction of a Partially Failed Dike System, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction, ASCE.
Systems Engineering, with economics, probability and statistics, 2nd Edition, J. Khisty, J. Mohammadi, and Adjo Amedkudzi, Ross Publishing, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
NDT Methods Applied to Fatigue Reliability Assessment of Structures m> (J. Mohammadi, editor), American Society of Civil Engineers, 2004.
System reliability and risk analysis, highway bridges, fatigue and fracture reliability analysis