- Senior Lecturer of Chemical Engineering
- Director of the Undergraduate Laboratory
Ph.D. from Illinois Institute of Technology (Chem. Engineering, 1978)
M.S. from University of Colorado (Chemical Engineering, 1973)
B.S. from University of Tehran, Iran (Chemical Engineering, 1970)
Professor Aderangi brings more than 15 years of industrial and teaching experience encompassing a variety of chemical engineering and environmental engineering areas, and equipment design. Currently his research focuses on interfacial mass transfer and rheological properties.
Previously, Professor Aderangi served as project engineer at Pacific Technologies in Lisle, Illinois, providing consulting services to chemical industries in such areas as piping analysis, heat transfer, and process equipment design and equipment selection.
In addition to teaching chemical engineering theoretical and lab courses, Professor Aderangi has supervised the following projects:
- Design and construction of a plug flow reactor for a homogeneous biological reaction.
- Design and construction of a batch polymer reaction system to study the kinetics of an aqueous polymer solution.
- Modeling of emissions from fiber glass insulation and experimental testing of these materials at high temperatures (600°).
- Design and construction of a drag reduction testing unit with fully computerized data acquisition and control.
"Coalescence of Single Drops at a Liquid-Liquid Interface in the Presence of Surfactants/ Polymers," Chem. Eng. Communications J., Vol. 132, p. 207-222 (1995).
"Emulsion Stability: An Analysis of the Effects of Bulk and Interfacial Properties on Film Mobility and Drainage Rate," Int. J. Multiphase Flow, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1983.
"The Role of Coalescence Phenomena and Interfacial Rheological Properties in Enhanced Oil Recovery: An Overview," J. of Rheology, Vol. 23, No. 2, p. 181-207 (1979).
"Observation on the Coalescence Behavior of Oil Droplets and Emulsion Stability in Enhanced Oil Recovery," Society of Petroleum Engineers J. (Dec. 1978).
"The Mechanisms of Oil Bank Formation and Coalescence in Porous Media," Proc. of DOE Third Annual Symp. on Enhanced Oil, Gas Recovery, and Improved Drilling, Tulsa (1977).