BME Seminar Series—Graduate Student Research Presentations
Join us to learn about three different graduate candidates thesis research in the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Here is a look at the research that will be featured:
- Yingjuan Wu (BME Ph.D. Candidate)
- Title: Development of T1w and DTI templates of the older adult brain in a common space
- Abstract: This presentation will introduce the human brain MRI atlas, which serves a critical role in neuroimaging. The presentation will also show the development of T1-weighted (T1w) and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) templates of the older adult brain in a common space for the MIITRA atlas.
- Brief biosketch: Yingjuan Wu obtained a bachelor of science in electronic engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2014 and master of science in biomedical engineering from Illinois Tech in 2016. She is currently in the fifth year of her studies toward a Ph.D. degree at Illinois Tech. She is conducting research under the supervision of Professor Konstantinos Arfanakis, and her research involves work on the development of human brain atlases.
- Fei Mo (BME MS Candidate)
- Title: Radial Map Assessment Approach for Deep Learning Denoised Cardiac MR Reconstruction Sharpness
- Omar Tawakol (BME Ph.D. Candidate)